June and January.

Labels: By Jessie Fey on Sunday, March 27, 2011

The buzzing of the fluorescent lights above provided sufficient background music, one long note.

“Did you?”

“Yes. Very much. I hated him, too.”

I avoided this as often as possible. It made me homesick. But the kind of burning homesick that leaves you wanting to go home to a bed that isn’t yours. Hell, maybe it never was.

“But, damn, he was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.”

This led to a series of images I stayed away from most days. I remember the first time I heard him talk. I wanted to write down every word he said, and I imagine I’d still feel that way.

“It’s like in the movies sometimes. When you walk out and you don’t feel anything at all. Like maybe they forgot the ending.”

“He wanted to be a cowboy, honey. A girl like me never stood a chance.”

1/20/11

0 comments:

Post a Comment